This year, Walmart decided to declare May 2nd it’s National Day of Savings, and decided to host the Frugal Heroes Challenge to give us the opportunity to save money and live better. I got to take part in the challenge, and had $100 to spend at the store to fulfill my own personal goal. What was my challenge? To stock up on all of my summer beauty essentials while staying within the budget (yep, I was almost right on – my total came to $99.90!).
I went to the Walmart Supercentre at Dufferin Mall with my friend Sandra (check out how she did here) and we quickly got to work – lists in hand, we spent the next hour going through the the store to make sure we got exactly what we needed. Take a look below to see how I grabbed all of the summer beauty essentials I’ll need for $100.
So what did I get for $100?
- Hawaiian Tropic After Sun Moisturizer
- Got2B Rockin’ It Dry Shampoo
- Schick Quattro Trim Style Razor (this is great – one end is the usual Schick Quattro Razor while the other end has an electric trimmer)
- Banana Boat Sunscreen Oil Spray SPF 15
- Vitamin Water (gotta stay hydrated!)
- Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration SPF 30 (I loveeee this stuff – it smells amazing and is really moisturizing!)
- Vidal Sassoon VS Repair Spray Heat Protect & Shine
- Blistex Daily Conditioning Treatment for Lips
- Goody Glam Girls Headbands
- Sally Hansen Insta Gel Strips (lasts up to 2 weeks – perfect for when you’re going away and won’t be painting your nails!)
- Rimmel Scandaleye Waterproof Mascara
- Cute printed beach towel (Only $7.88 and they have some gorge patterns)
What do you think of my picks?