Back to school, back to school… The time of year that parents wait for all summer and many (but not all) of us dread. Going back to school means a new year and a new start, especially for those of you going away for college or university. To help your school year go by a little easier on the personal side, I’ve compiled my list of back to school beauty – my perfect essentials to help you look and feel your best!
So, what do we have on the list?
1. Batiste Dry Shampoo – When you’ve got exams to study for and essays due, chances are you’re going to end up pulling some all-nighters throughout the school year. Of course, you’re not going to want to run out of the house looking like you haven’t had a chance to shower or sleep which is where this comes into play. Spaying on some dry shampoo will help soak up any oil or build up and keep you looking fresh. And hey, you might be able to trick your prof into thinking you didn’t stay up all night writing your essay the night before it was due.
2. CoverGirl Lipslicks Smoochies Lip Balm – Going to class wearing a full-face of makeup is probably not something that’s going to end up happening too often – chances are you’ll be rushing from class to class, rushing to class after sleeping in, or just too tired from working hard to worry about it. I love this lip balm because it kills two birds with one stone. It not only helps to keep your lips soft and moisturized, but it gives you a hint of colour to perk up your pucker, which is perfect for when you do run into that cute football player on campus.
3. Vichy Normaderm Hyaluspot – We all know that stress can cause breakouts, and when you’re dealing with deadlines and exams worth a good chunk of your final mark that mean stress monster is going to rear its ugly head. This is my go-to spot treatment right now – I dab a little on a problem spot at night before I go to bed and by the morning I can easily cover up whatever’s left!
4. Nivea Free Time Shower Cream – This shower cream is the perfect de-stresser when you just need to relax a little. It has a really luxurious, creamy texture and smells so amazing. I like to lather this up with a loofah so I can get a really nice scrub in while I wash.
5. Neostrata Moisture Infusion Cream – For those of you who like to participate in some, ahem, extra-curricular activities that run late into the night (what’s college without a little partying?) moisturising should be at the top of your list. Dehydrated skin is never pretty, so an intensely moisturising face cream is something you’re really going to want to consider adding to your beauty routine.
6. Secret Clinical Mean Stinks Fearlessly Fresh Advanced Solid – I’m going to bring back the stress monster once again. Stress sweat is the worst smelling sweat which means you’re going to want to find a deodorant that specifically targets this for the best results. This antiperspirant helps to combat the wetness and scent of sweat so you don’t have to worry about it.
There you have it – my back to school beauty picks. What are yours?