Hi beauties! Today I wanted to share with you a step-by-step tutorial on how to recreate the Nicole by OPI Prom Mani I made for the Prom Canada nail challenge! I made this mani because it was pink, girly and had a bit of glam thrown in there for good measure – perfect for prom. This look is fairly easy to recreate which I think is great because even a beginner at nail art should be able to pull it off! If you have any questions or need any help, let me know in the comment section below.
This mani is going to be featured in the first issue of Prom Canada Magazine (yay!) but in the meantime, I wanted to give my readers a tutorial, so read on to learn how to do it!
1. Start off with two coats of I’ll Have The Salmon for the perfect base. I love how pretty this shade looks on any skin tone!
2. Using striping tape or scotch tape, lay down two lines of tape which will create the stripes. Make sure the base coat is completely dry before doing this or you’ll peel it up when you remove them.
3. Apply one coat of Something About Spring over the tape – the colour is so bold you won’t need more than that. Give it about 10-15 seconds to dry and then peel off the tape.
4. Time to sparkle! Add some Fabulous Is My Middle Name to the stripe closest to the tip to up the glam factor.
5. For a little added glitz, stick a couple of rhinestones to the middle stripe. Lock everything in with top coat for extra shine and a mani that lasts.
Let me know if you decide to give this a try – I would love to hear how it goes!