Ah, love is in the air, florists are working their tails off and chocolate hearts are everywhere – which must mean it’s nearly Valentine’s Day. Since the big day of love is almost here, I thought I would share a few super-sweet gift ideas to give you some inspiration in case you’re still looking for something to get your Valentine or friend… Or hey, even yourself. There’s nothing wrong with spoiling yourself a little on V-Day. Take a look at the items on my Valentine’s Day Gift Guide and let me know which you love!
1. Kate Spade Emma Spiral Notebook ($14, Chapters): Who doesn’t want a little Kate Spade in their lives? Throw in a little Jane Austen and you’ve got a great gift. This spiral notebook is perfect for someone with a passion for writing or who just loves to jot down little notes!
2. Atma Clutch ($35, Aldo): Maybe not the most practical clutch ever, but this perfume bottle shaped clutch is just too adorable to pass by. As if any girly-girl could say no to this. Honestly, I have visions of Elle Woods strolling around with this clutch by her side.
3. Victoria’s Secret Forbidden Eau de Parfum ($52/1.7 oz, Victoria’s Secret): Victoria’s Secret scents always get me – they’re sexy, they’re feminine… They basically encapsulate VS in fragrance form. The new Forbidden EDP is no different. Notes of exotic pear, jasmine and amber wood combine to create a scent that is sweet but enticingly exotic. And yes, they’ve found the easiest way to get to me: throw leopard print on the bottle.
4. YSL Gloss Volupte ($32, YSL): The newest gloss from YSL promises a lightweight, non-sticky feel for intensely glossy lips. With a selection of base colours and 3 top coats to help you create your perfect lip, I love the idea that you can customize the look of your gloss. And go on, I dare you not to get all giddy over the lip-shaped applicator.
5. Aerralian Necklace (
$12 currently on sale for $5.98, Aldo): Send a love letter with this delicate arrow necklace, complete with a love note to make this gift even more appropriate: “Love is an arrow and it points at you.”
6. Love Wrap Bracelet ($48, Alex and Ani): This beautiful bracelet really says it all. Wear your heart on your sleeve with this expandable and beautifully detailed Russian Gold bracelet.
7. Birthstone Bangles ($28 each, Alex and Ani): Show them you love them with a bangle dedicated to their birth month. Each bracelet comes decorated with their birth stone & is available in silver or gold.
Now, the serious question… Who wants to pass this list on to my boyfriend? What are your picks for Valentine’s Day gifts this year?