Winter is definitely coming. I’m currently sitting in the airport in Atlanta, en route to Costa Rica to visit my parents before Christmas, and I couldn’t leave you guys to fend for yourselves in the chilly weather without a little treat to warm you up. This pink hot chocolate recipe is exactly what you need to cheer yourself up on an especially frosty day.
I recently discovered a couple of cream liqueurs that are definitely going to be in heavy rotation for me this winter and knew I had to put together a yummy (and super easy) drink using one of them. I decided to use the Marshmallow Pop cream liqueur because it adds a nice bit of pink, though you can definitely substitute Cookies & Crazy for an equally yummy drink. I’m also thinking that Cookies & Crazy could make for an incredible s’mores cocktail – let me know if this is something you are interested in and I’ll whip something up!
Anyways, for this pink hot chocolate
Pink Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 8 oz white chocolate
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 3 oz Marshmallow Pop Cream Liqueur
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Heat milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once milk begins to heat up, add in white chocolate. Stir occasionally until melted and combined with milk.
- Add in 2-4 drops of pink food colouring until desired colour is reached.
- Pour 1 oz of cream liqueur into glass. Fill with hot chocolate and top with whipped cream.