When it comes to summer beauty, what do you think of? Warm, coral eyeshadows? Dewy, fresh skin? Highlights and shine? For me, it’s all about embracing the warmth of the season with that perfect summer glow, whether it be gorgeous skin, shimmering makeup or a little sheen & sparkle elsewhere. Follow these tips to get your summer glow on and keep it going through the rest of the year, you goddess you.
Perfect, Glowing Skin is Always In
- Give your foundation a healthy boost by adding a few drops of facial oil to it before applying (try Indeed Laboratories Squalane Facial Oil, at Shoppers Drug Mart). Not only will it give your foundation a gorgeous dewy finish, but you’ll also be giving your skin a nice, hydrating boost.
- The perfect summer glow is so much better when you start with healthy skin. Using products that have been designed to brighten and hydrate will give you that radiant boost without makeup. Try using a toner on the daily (like the Ren Clean Skincare Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic) to increase cell renewal and keep dry skin at bay and make sure you keep your skin hydrated – Pixi On-the-Glow Multi-Use Moisture Stick is perfect for tossing in your bag and using while you’re out and about (and a bit on the apples of your cheeks totally functions as highlighter). Don’t forget to mask regularly with a hydrating mask, like the Masque Bar Rose Gold Foil Sheet Mask (available at Shoppers Drug Mart), for an extra dose of brightening moisture.
You glow, girl – get that summer glow!
3. When it comes to makeup, I love the look of light shimmer that really just enhances your natural look. For highlighter, I’ve become a big fan of blending in a few drops of a liquid highlighter (I love Nude by Nature Beach Glow Liquid Highlighter) to give you that fresh from a day at the beach sheen. If I want a bit more of a summer glow, I’ll use a fan brush to lightly dust a powder highlighter (one of my faves is Stila Heaven’s Hue Highlighter in Kitten) on the tops of my cheekbones. Finish off the look with a bit of mascara and a killer lip gloss (2 of my go-to’s this summer have been Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb in Fenty Glow and NYX Cosmetics Filler Instinct Lip Plumping Polish in Sparkling Please).
Beach goddess, anyone?
4. When it comes to rocking that summer glow, don’t limit it to your face! After a day in the sun, everything looks a little brighter, so feel free to bring that to your skin and hair. After giving your skin a natural-looking tan (with my fave St Tropez Tanning Mousse – save your skin from sun damage!), if that’s what you’re into, a dry oil spray, like the Artistry Studio Multi-Purpose Dry Oil Spray (+ they have a super cute Parisian Style Edition Bottle out right now with super cute art by Addie Day), is perfect for giving your skin and hair a dewy sheen, plus your bod will thank you for the benefits of using it. If you want to go down the golden goddess route, opt for oil with shimmer, like the Laline Luxurious Dry Shimmer Oil, or give your hair a shimmery spritz of L’Oreal Colorista Spray in #GOLD03.
5. I’m totally loving giving your nails a different kind of glow for the summer. What does that mean? We’re going neon. Fun, neon shades are a great way to give your look a more summery vibe and you’ll totally smile when you get a glimpse of a bright shade on your tips. The LE Sally Hansen Neon Collection by Miracle Gel has 6 fun shades that all look great with either a shiny or matte finish.
Are you ready to get your summer glow on? Healthy, glowing skin & beauty is always a fave of mine and there’s never been a better time to embrace it.