When we’ve spent most of 2020 indoors, now is definitely the time to make the most of the great outdoors. To me, that means making summer last as long as humanly possible. I do this every summer, but this year it just seems to mean so much more. I’m planning on spending as much time as I can outside, whether that means soaking up the sun at the beach, hanging out in the backyard or going for a hike in one of the area’s beautiful green spaces! Of course, this means I need the perfect products for spending time outside, and I picked up some amazing beach beauty essentials from Beautysense, a 100% Canadian-owned beauty retailer that I can’t get enough of.
These will all have you looking and feeling great when you’re spending a day splashing in the waves and enjoying a little outside time; some for fun, some for protection, all awesome.
My beach beauty essentials
- Number one on this list forever and ever will always be sunscreen. If you’re going to be spending the day outside you better be keeping that skin protected. I’ve been loving this can of Coola Body SPF 30 Tropical Coconut Sunscreen Spray that I picked up and it is definitely one of my favourite beach beauty essentials this summer. The organic formula is sweat and waterproof, meaning it lasts through swims and sweaty activities, plus reapplication is easy with its quick misting action (be sure to rub it in after application to ensure you get everything covered). It’s lightweight, smells great and is non-greasy, making this perfect for tossing in your beach bag.
- Since you’ll be keeping your skin protected, a suntan might not necessarily be in the cards, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still get a beautiful, natural-looking glow! I have been completely obsessed with this St Tropez Self Tan Purity Bronzing Water Face Mist for giving my face a nice, buildable tan. I like to give my face a quick spritz under my makeup so it can do its thing. It’s very lightweight and gives my skin a little hydrating boost, plus it has green mandarin water and tropical hibiscus flower in its ingredients for dealing with environmental aggressors.
- Let’s talk beach hair! If you’re going to be spending your day out in the sun + in the water, you’ve gotta make sure that your mane is covered as well, which is why these next two beach beauty essentials have been coming in very handy! After a dip, I love to give my hair a spritz of AG Hair Coco Conditioning Spray to keep it soft, add a little hydration and detangle. Ingredients like coconut oil, coconut fruit extract, macadamia extract and mango seed butter are perfect for maintaining healthy hair after a day of play in the water!
- Of course, beachy waves are always in and I don’t think any of us really want to fuss with our hair after a dip, which makes AG Hair Beach Bomb the perfect solution. This alcohol-free cream helps to add a little definition to waves with beachy, tousled texture while helping to condition the hair. I like to run it through my hair before giving it a scrunch to help my waves take on a bit more shape and letting it air dry.
- When it comes to beach side beauty, less is definitely more! I don’t like to fuss with my makeup too much when I know I’ll be hanging out in the sand and surf, but I’m always down for a bit of a summery glow! A little concealer, waterproof mascara and some RMS Beauty Magic Luminizer on my cheekbones does the trick for me for a day at the beach. This cream highlighter gives the skin a gorgeous, champagne-hued glow that instantly brightens my face, and a little goes a long way! I like to dab a few spots on my cheekbones and then blend it out using my fingertips for a pretty, dewy finish.
- Finally, I love to keep my lips moisturized and hydrated during a day out in the sun so I don’t deal with any dryness later on. The Bioderma Atoderm Lip Stick is lightweight and adds the perfect hydration boost while repairing damage for soft, smooth lips.
What are your beach beauty essentials?
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Beautysense.ca but as always opinions are 100% my own! xo