Well, it’s finally here – the end of 2020. We made it. We’re not in the clear yet by any means, but we do get to turn the page on a year that almost feels surreal. In order to properly say goodbye to a wild year, we wanted to create a cocktail to start a new chapter with. This New Year’s Eve cocktail, the Midnight Hour, will have you ready to kiss goodbye to 2020. I’ll drink to that!
The Midnight Hour cocktail is perfect for your countdown – it utilizes Hounds Black Vodka, which gives the drink its deep shade and adds a fun touch with edible glitter. It’s sweet, it’s tasty and it’s easy to make.
All you need is 5 ingredients, and a little sparkle, to put this celebratory cocktail together. We decided to serve this in a coupe glass, though you can definitely use a martini glass if preferred.
Cheers to the end of 2020 and the beginning of something a little more hopeful in 2021 🥂 Hopefully this New Year’s Eve cocktail will help you ring it in in style!
Midnight Hour | New Year’s Eve Cocktail
- 1 1/2 oz Hounds Black Vodka
- 1/2 oz Creme de Violette
- 1/2 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz Cranberry Juice
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup
- 2 dashes Edible Gold Dust we used Wilton Gold Pearl Dust
- 1 dash Edible Gold Stars we used Wilton Gold Stars Edible Accents
- Gold Sugar/Sprinkles (for rimming the glass) – we used Wilton Gold Sanding Sugar
- Rim half of a chilled coupe glass (throw it in the freezer for a few minutes beforehand) with gold sugar. Honey is perfect for making sure the sprinkles stick!
- Combine all ingredients (except gold stars and sugar) in a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake for about 35 seconds. This drink needs a good amount of dilution and should be served very cold.
- Strain into your prepared glass.
- Garnish with a few edible stars, serve and celebrate!
See you later, 2020! Although this year was a little bit rough, it wasn’t all bad. How will you be ringing 2021 in tonight?
Looking for another great cocktail to serve tonight? Give our Cinnamon Whiskey Sour a try!