Well, I guess we can’t hide from it any longer. Valentine’s Day is just over a week away, and whether you celebrate it or not, I think we can all safely agree on one thing – chocolates and treats are hella delicious and February 14th is the perfect excuse to make something yummy for someone special (or yourself!), especially when it means you get to eat the leftovers. We don’t really do anything for Valentine’s Day but we absolutely fall into the group of people that love to nom on some tasty chocolates or cookies this time of year. Want a super easy Valentine’s Day treat you can throw together quickly and in a large batch? Look no further than these chocolate-dipped animal crackers.
It honestly doesn’t get any easier than this. You only need three ingredients and about an hour of your time (most of it inactive) to throw these delicious little chocolate-dipped animal crackers together. Package them in a cute container and send them your crush’s/BFF’s/SO’s way and they’ll be super happy. These make a perfect treat for some porch drop-offs!
And if Valentine’s Day isn’t your thing, don’t worry – you can change up the colours of the chocolate wafers & sprinkles to match any occasion or event.
Chocolate-Dipped Animal Crackers Recipe
Chocolate-Dipped Animal Crackers
- 2 cups chocolate flavoured molding wafers 1 cup per colour, if using multiple
- 1 box animal crackers
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Melt chocolate wafers using double boiler method, about 1 cup at a time. If you don't have a double boiler, you can place a metal over a saucepan with water in it (about 1 inch). Heat water on low-medium heat (never let it go to a boil, or it will overheat the chocolate) and stir the wafers as they melt until they come to a shiny, liquid consistency.
- Once the chocolate wafers have melted, dip animal crackers about halfway in to coat. Lay flat on a sheet of parchment paper.
- While chocolate is still wet, sprinkle sprinkles over top to set into the melted chocolate.
- Let sit for 20 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden and it's time to enjoy!
What do you think of these chocolate-dipped animal crackers? What other Valentine’s Day treats do you enjoy?