After the year we’ve had, I feel like it’s totally fair to use Valentine’s Day as a little bit of an excuse to give yourself a break and focus on things that make you happy. At this point in time I think that we’re all pretty fatigued and really feeling the past 12 or so months. This one is for you, babe! Take a look at my treat yourself Valentine’s Day gift guide and find something special for yourself ?
- 1. La Vie en Rose Matt Satin Cami + Shorts ($37 ea) – I’m such a sucker for La Vie en Rose’s PJ sets and this one is riiiiight up there for me. This pattern is one of my favourites from their Valentine’s Day collection this year and the tank + short combo is perfect for lounging around the house as you treat yourself to a spa day at home.
2. Maple & Lather Lavender Soy Candle ($42) – This natural, soy-based candle is perfect for when you need to unwind. With base notes of French Lavender, you’ll get 75 hours of burn time, which translates into a lot of time spent soaking in the tub.
3. Viva la Juicy le Bubbly EDP ($119) – If it’s been a while since you’ve treated yourself to a new fragrance, maybe this is the perfect time to do so! Bring the party home with the newest fragrance from Juicy Couture (I’ve loved their scents since high school!) with notes of pink berries, blood orange and sweet jasmine.
4. It’s WINE o’clock Drinking Placemat Set ($15/4) – This one is a treat for you and your pals. Pick up these drinking placemats from local creator EZCustomPrints, drop one off for each of your closest friends and put together a virtual wine tasting over Zoom! Take turns suggesting wines to try or focus on a different region each time – or make it a rosé night and drink pink on a Wednesday each month!
5. Burt’s Bees Truly Glowing Reawakening Glow Booster with Antioxidant-Rich Oils ($20)- Give your skin a lil’ boost with this new launch from Burt’s Bees. This booster gives your skin a buttery soft feeling and the light scent gives it a really therapeutic feel. A couple of other new Burt’s Bees goodies that I’ve been loving so far: Orange Blossom & Pistachio Lip Butter + Squeezy Tinted Balm, in case you want a kissable pout for Valentine’s Day.
6. A pair of Cozy Slippers ($32) – Since we’ve been spending just about all of our time at home, a pair of cozy slippers is absolutely key. Bonus points if they’re a little extra and fuzzy.
7. Body Positive by Emily Lauren Dick ($28.99) – this guide to body positivity will help you to learn to love yourself a little bit more, with images shot by Emily, introspective questions and activities, and a whole lotta inspiration. If you have daughters, I really suggest giving this one a read, but you’ll take a lot from it either way!
8. Bathorium Aphrodite Bath Bomb ($30) – Let youreslf fully unwind with this luxe, large bath bomb that provides 12 minutes of fizz, with notes of chocolate + Bulgarian Rose, and Kokum butter to nourish the skin. Treat yourself – you deserve this, you goddess.
9. Kew Vineyards 2017 Rosalie ($30) – Of course, with bath time you’ll need a glass of wine. Pop the cork on a bottle of one of my fave local wines and get ready for a visit when things are a bit more open – this is one of my favourite spots to visit in the summer!
Hopefully these picks will get you in the right mindset to treat yourself this Valentine’s Day – what other things perk you up?