Recently I was invited to the Dior cosmetics office in Toronto to meet with the super talented Rodderick Gregg, one of the DiorShow International Artists, and to take a look at some of their newest products. Roddy (love him!) took us through Dior’s new products, spilled on some of his beauty tips and tricks, and even gave us a little touch up.
Some highlights from Rodderick:
- His favourite products right now are the navy blue waterproof eyeliner (it can make any eye colour pop), Iconic Overcurl Mascara
- For foundation he likes to use the DiorSkin Nude Foundation because it has SPF and gives off a nice glow
- His tips for applying foundation: Start off with one pump and apply with a synthetic bristle brush – start with a more sheer application and apply only where you need it to even out the skin tone. Starting with a smaller amount ensures you don’t apply too much.
- What should be the most important part of a woman’s beauty routine? A good skincare system
- His number one beauty tip: Use his Downtown, Uptown, Acrosstown method when applying mascara. Start by applying mascara to the tops of lashes to give them nice curl, coat the front of lashes to give them coverage, then use the brush across the lashes to separate.
Here are a few of the new products that I’m most excited for:
- Diorskin Nude BB Creme ($44, now available at Sephora)
- Diorskin Nude Glow Powder Makeup ($52, now available at Sephora)
- Diorshow Iconic OverCurl Mascara ($35, now available at Sephora)