As I type this, I’m getting ready to hop on a plane to Costa Rica for 2 weeks (and as you read this, I’ll be hanging out in paradise). Of course, getting ready for a vacation for me goes a little bit further than just packing and picking up the essentials, especially after winter! Here’s a quick look at what I’ve been using to get me beach ready!
- St Tropez Self Tan Luxe Tanning Oil – As I’ve been adding a little colour to my body, I’ve been using this lightweight tanning oil on my face – there’s nothing worse than seeing pictures afterwards and realizing that your body looks tan and your face is noticeably several shades lighter. Add 2-3 drops into your skincare routine (I like to mix this in with my moisturizer) and apply evenly to the face to gradually develop a natural looking tan.
- Jergens Natural Glow 3 Days to Glow – Yes, I’m a procrastinator. Which means that a few days ago I realized that I’m still way too pale to be on the beach and needed to do something about it! Jergens recently introduced their new 3 day version of Natural Glow, which develops a really nice, light tan in just 3 days. Use it in place of your regular body lotion and you’ll definitely see a difference after a few uses!
- Elancyl Slim Design – This French body serum was developed to target and reduce the appearance of stubborn cellulite. Applied using a specially designed massage technique, it helps to smooth the skin in just 7 days – I’ve been using it for about that long, and though I don’t have serious cellulite yet, I have seen a difference.
- Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Butter Cream – My hair is a bit damaged right now, and since I know I’m going to be spending time in the sun and salt water, it’s definitely in my best interest to give my hair a healthy boost . This leave-in treatment helps to repair dry hair, adding in a ton of hydration and increasing shine & strength.
- Nair Wax Ready-Strips for Face & Bikini – I’m essentially going to be living in a bathing suit for the next two weeks, and I definitely don’t want to have to worry about cleaning up my bikini line every couple of days. These wax strips are ready to use and super easy – Separate the strips, apply and pull. Granted, it doesn’t feel great ( as with any waxing down there), but the results last longer than shaving and the hair grows back in lighter and more evenly.
- Nair Shower Power Hair Remover – Again, as with the bikini line, I don’t want to be constantly shaving my legs. My hair grows in pretty fine and light down there, so I decided to use this depilatory to remove the hair from them. It’s really convenient when you’re in a hurry – apply before you get in the shower and rinse off after a few minutes and you’re good to go!
How do you get ready for vacation?