How often do you update your skincare routine? I like to switch up my routine with the seasons as my skin’s needs differ as the weather changes. As we move into summer and warmer weather, my skin tends to become a little shinier and I spend more time outside which means skin protection is a must!
A few weeks ago, I spent some time with Garnier at the beautiful Langdon Hall in Cambridge to take part in their SkinActive Retreat, where I was able to learn more about Garnier’s skincare products & new Ombrelle offerings which are perfect for summer. It was great to get really hands on with the line, receive a little pampering and wake up to sunrise yoga!
While there, I sat down with Dr. Noah Wieder and Garnier’s Integrated Communications Leader, Jessica Zagari, to have my skincare questions answered and receive my Garnier “prescription.” With so many products out there, it’s not always easy to know what will work best for your skin – they helped me put together the perfect skincare routine to address all of my concerns and give my skin just what it needs to look and feel its healthiest. Afterwards, I also got treated to an in-room facial using the products from my routine – my skin was glowing!
So, what does my routine look like?
- I start off by cleansing with the Garnier SkinActive Clean+ Shine Control Gel. I tend to get a little shiny in my T-zone throughout the day, especially with the hotter weather we’ve experienced in Toronto lately. This light, charcoal & menthol based cleanser easily removes makeup, oil & dirt, leaving my skin feeling fresh and clean.
- Twice a week, I also add in a detoxifying treatment with the Garnier SkinActive Clean+ Pore Purifying Clay Cleanser + Mask. The charcoal in this mask helps to draw out impurities, removing the gunk for a serious deep clean. Although it wasn’t part of my routine, I also like the use the Garnier SkinActive Clean+ Impurities Eliminating Scrub afterwards to exfoliate and unclog my pores.
- To keep my skin hydrated, I apply the Garnier SkinActive Moisture Rescue SPF 15. This lotion helps to lock in moisture and protect my skin daily – it’s such a quick and easy step in my routine, and it means that I never forget to apply sunscreen before heading out for the day. Dr. Wieder made sure to mention that it’s important to reapply this throughout the day to ensure that protection from the sun is always in place, and to use a product with a higher level SPF (like the Garnier Ombrelle Ultra Light Advanced SPF 60) if you’re planning on spending time in direct sunlight.
- At night, I throw on a nice layer of Garnier SkinActive Ultra-Lift Miracle Sleeping Cream, which has quickly become a favourite of mine. This rich cream helps to restore my skin overnight, and I wake up looking fresh-faced and well-rested (even when I’m not).
- To help even out my complexion, the Garnier SkinActive BB Cream + Blur has become a welcome addition. It’s perfect for days when I want to give my skin just a bit of a boost without overdoing it. This lightweight BB Cream helps to moisturize my skin while blurring out imperfections – one easy step to improve the look and feel of my skin.
In addition to these products, the Garnier SkinActive Micellar Water and Garnier SkinActive Clean+ Purifying Remover Cleansing Towelettes have also found their way into my routine – they work really well and remove my makeup easily without ever drying my skin out. I’ve been using my new routine for a little over 2 weeks now, and my skin has been looking and feeling great. Aside from a (very) minor hormonal breakout, my skin has been extremely clear and bright – which makes me a very happy girl.
What does your skincare routine look like?
Shop the Post:
Disclaimer: This post contains PR samples sent for editorial consideration, but as always opinions are 100% my own! xo