Is there anything better than a bowl of warm, tasty chili on a chilly (yep, I went there) day? Other than a one-way ticket to Costa Rica, there aren’t too many other things that will warm me up inside and out than this!Jump to Recipe
Chili is unbelievably easy to make – basically, all you have to do is throw a few ingredients together in a pot, let it simmer, and impress all of your friends when they come over for Sunday Funday (and it tastes great as part of this cheesy chili dip!). That’s it. No crazy skills needed, no hard-to-find ingredients. I like to top mine with cheese, sour cream and some toasty buttered buns/bread for the perfect finish.
I wanted to share an easy, tasty chili recipe that anyone can pull off. Feel free to add in any extra ingredients (or remove any that you don’t like) and adjust your spice level as needed. That’s it! Whip up a batch of this tasty chili this weekend and let me know how you like to eat yours in the comments below!
Easy, Tasty Chili
- Large pot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large white onion diced
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 lb medium ground beef
- 2 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder use more or less depending on your spice level – this gives it a nice kick!
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (16 oz) kidney beans
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion + garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, until slightly soft and fragrant.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it up as you go along, about 7 minutes.
- Add spices, salt, pepper and tomato sauce. Stir to combine.
- Add beef broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce + kidney beans and stir to combine. Bring to a boil then lower to heat to low-medium and continue to simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let rest 15 minutes. If desired, top with shredded cheese, sour cream and serve with a toasted, buttered bun. Enjoy!