Jalapeño poppers are easily my favourite appetizer to make and serve. They’re easy to make, incredibly delicious and always a crowd-pleasing hit. I probably shouldn’t admit this, but my boyfriend and I regularly make and demolish these on our own…
These jalapeño poppers are fully loaded with plenty of cheesy goodness and crispy bacon with a bit of a kick here and there. Start off by halving and hollowing out your jalapeños (suggestion: wear gloves, especially if you wear contacts like me! If you don’t, make sure you give your hands a very solid washing before going to the bathroom…) and then stuff them with the tasty cream cheese mixture before finishing everything off with a crispy panko topping. Bake, broil + enjoy!
Give these jalapeño poppers a try next time you host a get-together and let me know how quickly they go!
Crispy, Cheesy Jalapeño Poppers
- 10 Jalapeños
- 1/2 brick (125 g) Plain Cream Cheese softened
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 2 strips Thick Cut Bacon cooked + chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Butter melted
- 1/4 cup Panko
- Halve jalapeños and scoop out the pith/seeds.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic powder, 1/2 the cheddar cheese, 1/2 the bacon and salt + pepper.
- Fill jalapeño halves with cream cheese mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, panko, remaining cheese and remaining bacon. Top jalapeño halves with this mixture.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes. Broil for a couple of minutes if you prefer a crispier top – just keep an eye on them! Cool for a few minutes and enjoy!